Monday, November 16, 2009

The Ultimate Glamour Shot

Though Shannon's been the only brave soul so far to grace us with her amazing personal photos for the Children of the 90s Glamour Shots challenge, I did just receive a stellar tip from reader Renata. I could not live with myself if I didn't share this with my loyal readers, for fear of depriving you of the most spectacular glamour ever shot by mall studio stylists. Are you ready? I really hope you're ready, because there's nothing I can say that could prepare you for this moment of pure Glamour Shots glory.

I have long been a fan of Awkard Family Photos, but somehow I must have missed this Glamour Shots gem. There's really no excuse for me dropping the ball on this one, because it's far too precious for me to have ignored. Bless me, Awkward Family Photos, for I have sinned. It has been 2 months since my last visit, and in this time I missed the mother (and daughters!) of all Glamour Shots.


Disclaimer: None of these fine jacket-nabbers are my readers, though I wish they were. If you ladies are out there, I implore you to make contact. You are my Glamour Shot posing heroes.


Behold the queen of all 90s Glamour Shots, a look Renata has wisely dubbed the "Quadruple Jacket Nabber." That's right, not one, not two, not three, but four simultaneous signature GS jacket nabs. I think the dead-eyed get-me-out-of-here expression on that girl second from the end says it all.

And look, that girl on the far left has the very same jacket they gave Shannon in her photo shoot. I guess their national wardrobe consultant felt this was an item each store simply could not live without. "Alright guys, it's going to be the studded jean jacket with the lace sleeves for all of our major markets. Let's throw some triple-reinforced collars on those babies while we're at it. These beauties have got to have the strength to withstand the constant nabbing."

If any of you are still harboring Glamour Shots, I urge you to surrender them for the greater good of 90s children everywhere and email them to childrenofthe90s@gmail.com. Many thanks to Renata for the GS tip!

19 comments:

Annemarie said...

Omg I am literally crying over here! SO funny!!!

Anonymous said...

HA! I wish I could enter mine but I don't have a scanner. And... mine weren't quite so tacky like some others since it was the later 90's. What was bad about mine is that they had me posing slightly provacative....think bad secretary with a chir or something... shudder... it's bad.. looking back at them now I'm like how did my mom and I not wake up to this set of poses. I was fully dressed but the poses were just.. a touch ridiculous. Anyways hope some folks enter theirs! Thanks for the laugh!

Anonymous said...

that's supposed to say chair... not chir... yeah..

Unknown said...

soooo funny! :)
love it.
i wish i had one to share!

Jenni said...

Oh my goodness!!! Believe it or not when I was 16 (and this was around the year 2000) I was a Glamour Shots photographer!!!! Yes, that's right I totally knew how to photograph the jacket-grabber, the over-the-shoulder gaze and many other typical glamour shot poses. However when I was there the store was going through a change. People didn't want the typical glamour shot anymore. They wanted full-body shots with a little bit more natural makeup and hair...sooo that's what we did. Although, there was still a lot of fake flowers and stupid backdrops. And to add insult to injury our best clients were of the transvestite crowd! I don't knnow how many times I had to tell "ladies" to close their knees or answer questions about wether lingerie was allowed or not... the answer was NO! Although...we did have a red sparkley drape that women would wear as if it were a sheet and look "sexy" for their husbands. I swear, I most have photographed 100 women in that damn sheet!

Shannon SVH said...

Ha! As soon as I saw that, I thought, "Hey, that's my jacket!"

That pose is just too much!

courtney said...

I am trying to find a copy of mine!

Gwen said...

I know I have at least 2 sets of Glamour Shots photos in a storage box some where. I'll be looking for them next week when I get out the Christmas decorations and I promise I'll send them in. :)

Grand Pooba said...

Oh my god, and I thought my family 90's picture was bad.

E said...

Thank god my mom didn't do any of these. They are so funny. And so bad.

Richard said...

So funny. That's the greatest posed photo I've ever seen!

Shannon Dew said...

OMG I totally did Glamour shots! Not even right how awful they are! I'll have to see if I can steal them from my parents and scan them in.

Kellie said...

OMG. I am dying! My sister had these done later after they were no longer popular to have done and they gave her a free session and tried to be "cool". So super funny!

Pramoda Meduri said...

good one..thank you for sharing this...

Kellie Collis said...

Oh that is too funny. Love the denim..

Dina's Days said...

AHAHAh! That picture is unreal!! Your blog had me laughing the entire time. I love!

Andhari said...

LMAO jacket nabbers, we should make these photos again. You should make a contest so people dig in their wardrobes :P awesomeness.

Uppish Kitten said...

The best part is that dad could just whip out one photo from his brag wallet!

yadongbizz said...

This is a very neatly written article. This article gives clear idea for the new viewers. This is a topic which is close to my heart… Best wishes! 중국야동넷

Also feel free to visit may webpage check this link
야설

Digg This!